It seems like everyone these days is creating a bucket list. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. It is like a roadmap to help you make the absolute most of your life so you can enjoy and live it to the fullest.
I have always loved the quote by Erma Bombeck, “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me’.” Creating and actually marking things off my bucket list will let me ensure this is true for me when the end of my life comes.
So I guess it is time for me to create my list. I definitely think this will be an ever changing and growing list. With things like they are this year with mom, I doubt I will be able to mark many (if any) things off my list, but who knows. The first step is getting some things down on paper.
- See the Kangaroo’s in Australia
- See the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)
- Watch my daughter walk down the Aisle on her wedding day (She is only 2 right now)
- Ride a Zip line
- Go on a Safari in South Africa
- Stay in a hut on the water in Bora Bora
- Publish a Novel
- Make A million Dollars
- Take an RV Trip across the Country
- Take a Transcontinental Cruise
- Walk in the 3 Day Breast Cancer Awareness walk
- Get over my fear of flying, (this is going to be necessary in order to mark many of these things off)
- Go Snorkeling in the Belize Barrier Reef
- Go Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef
- Learn to Scuba Dive
- Finish my degree
- Be a grandmother
- Go Ghost Hunting with TAPS
- Go on The Amazing Race
- Own a horse
- De-clutter this house
- Raise a Happy, Well Rounded, Healthy Daughter
- Build our Dream house
- Buy a Vacation home in Myrtle Beach
- Be completely debt free.
So there is a start to my list. I am sure there will be much more to add as I begin thinking on it more but this is a pretty good start. There may even be a few on the list I can start to tackle now.
Everyone should have a road map of things they want to do and enjoy in this life. So make your own bucket list and get started crossing things off!