If you have even glanced by the news today you are aware that Tonight’s Powerball drawing is up to a monstrous record high of $600 Million Dollars.
The cash option amount would be almost $377 Million dollars.
After taxes of about 45% total winnings would be around $208 Million dollars give or take a few million.
It is kind of sad to think that the $600 million dollar jackpot only turns into $208 million – but honestly that is at least 10x’s enough money to live comfortably on for the rest of your life!
I don’t play the lottery often but when the numbers get this high I absolutely have to throw my hat into the ring. I mean I watch “The Lottery Changed My Life” I know that every day people win this thing.
So if I won tonight what would I do with the money?
- I would give my church $2 Million dollars. I would so love to be able to write that check. Imagine the amount of people they could help.
- Quit my day job and write full time.
- Buy some land and build our ultimate dream home.
- Adopt a baby. I always wanted a large family and for Baby girl to have a brother or sister but financially it is not something we can afford at this time, but if we won the lottery we could make that happen!
- Buy new cars – Probably 3 – DH and I are still trying to decide on what kind we would buy it is actually a pretty hard choice when you consider money is no object and you can have whatever you want.
- College fund for Baby Girl and any siblings we could adopt.
- Travel the world
And now I still have $204 million dollars to figure out how to spend.
Good luck everyone and it is ok to dream big every now and again.