Yes, the end is near… 2013 is winding down and in just a few short days, we will transition into a new year, 2014.
I remember as a young kid talking about the future and believing that by 2014 there would be flying cars and robots walking around in our every day life.
Not to say we haven’t come a long way, just not quite to the Jetson’s age yet. Now I wonder if we will ever be at that place in life. Flying cars are just as much a myth as pigs flying….
Still the technology changes are outstanding, just to name a few:
- I had one of the first Atari systems ever created and now my husband has a PS4.
- I was the remote control to the TV as a child.
- Our electronic devices were limited to a microwave, TV & Radio. Now it would fill up the whole blog if I named all the electronics we had.
- If you wanted to do research there were things called Library’s – now we have the internet.
- You talked on the phone in your room, by stretching the kitchen cord around the corner and up the stairs.
Things change… Technology advances us, but is also limits us too.
Looking forward to 2014 and the years to come. I can’t begin to imagine what new technology will be around by the time my daughter is an adult… Heck, maybe their will be flying cars by then… A girl can dream!
Bella the Elf has found a home here.
Last year we had Randall the Reindeer. He was a cute little reindeer that gave a naughty and nice report to Santa each day. However, Randall quickly was becoming more and more to look like a toy. So, with that in mind I “bit the bullet” as they say…
Why do they say bite or bit the bullet? I mean really am I putting a gun in my mouth and shooting myself… I digress….
Anyways, our elf appeared this year and Stormy quickly named her Bella. She has been an interesting little elf, getting into trouble and then doing nice things for Stormy, like picking her up a present at the North Pole and bringing it back here for Christmas morning.
Some people scoff at the elf – Saying it is a ploy to get kids to be good for 1 month a year.
I say…Okay, so what?
If I can teach my daughter to be nice and kind and do as she is told, PLUS add in a little wonder and excitement that surrounds “the elf”, what is the harm in that?
I thought I would share with you a few of the adventures that our Bella has gotten into!
Having a marshmallow bubble bath!
Wrapping a present for Stormy!
Taking a bird ride!
Imagining herself in a sunny location!
Getting into a little trouble with my coupons!
Wow! Did a full month really just pass me by?
Well I spent A LOT of time on NaNo. Did I finish my story? No! But I did get a good solid start and I am excited about really bringing it to life in 2014
So now it is time to Celebrate!
- NaNo is over… and I can get back to normal life
- I survived Thanksgiving – Made a delicious turkey, dressing & gravy
- I have ALL my christmas shopping done
- Taking a writing break for the end of the year and will get back full steam after Christmas when I have my new laptop!
- Got a small bonus at work, but hey it was something