1. They do NOT have a volume control. They have one setting… LOUD!
2. You should never leave them alone to wash their hands – unless you are interested in finding your sink and counter covered in water and bubbles because they were “cleaning” them too!
3. All 4-year-old girls are princesses… Know it… Deal with it…
4. All 4-year-old boys are Super Heroes.
5. They are horrible cleaners. Give them a broom and they will spread dust throughout the house. Give them laundry to fold and you will realize you need to rewash that same laundry.
6. You can’t rationalize with a 4-year-old… they are silly little humans.
7. They are giving. My daughter brings me “stuff” wrapped in her blankets all the time. I have been given doll shoes, play food, crumbled paper, dirty socks, and tons of other items from her room.
8. They are brutally honest – Be careful when asking questions such as “Do I look fat?” if you do, your 4-year-old will tell you the truth.
10. They are shape shifters. At a moment’s notice they can turn into a Unicorn, Fairy, Cowboy, or Karate fighter.
11. They are curios – the “Why” questions do not end with the toddler years they continue, forever!
12. They are observant. They are paying attention even when you don’t think they are, watching everything you do and learning what is okay, so be very careful!
13. They have great hearing. You can whisper “ice cream” from 4 rooms away and they will come running yelling “ICE CREAM!”
14. They have horrible hearing. For some reason words like “Clean your room” or “Time to go” are impossible for a 4-year-old’s ear to hear and process.
15. At any moment they may break out in song – normally when you are on an important phone call.
16. At any moment they may break out in dance – probably in the grocery store.
18. They are stubborn little tarts – Truthfully they are just learning and testing their boundaries to become independent little people.
19. They need you to be present. When they make you a bowl of necklace soup you must stop and eat some.
20. Their hugs are the closest thing you will ever get to Heaven.