I have truly missed the weekly photo challenges, so I am happy to be back online and ready to participate.
This week the Daily Post weekly photo challenge is Vibrant. It is to share a vibrant picture and rid the internet of the winter gloom.
What could that better than these 2 smiling faces! – This was from our Disney vacation last September.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Summer is my favorite time of year so I was excited when the weekly photo challenge was Summer Lovin’
Here are a few of my favorite summer photos
Footprints In The Sand
Why Must Summer End?
I will CRUSH you!
Sunset off of Myrtle Beach, SC
My two favorite loves in summertime
Yay! The Ocean! Oh how I have missed you!
All photos property of Shelly Tennyson Taylor
This weeks weekly photo challenge from The Daily Post is simply RELIC.
These two are relic’s from a childhood past.
Sega Genesis – The video game console of my decade.
Vintage Fisher Price Pull-Toy
It is Friday again and time to Celebrate the Small Things!
It has been a rough week for me since it was the 1 year anniversary of my mothers passing.
So I really NEED to celebrate the small things this week.
I survived the week.
I started back on my WW diet to lose the 8lbs I gained last week by eating everything in sight.
I organized all my books on the shelf and now know exactly what I have and need!
I finished Rainwater in about 8 days – that is fast for me since the toddler child is running around crazy all the time! It was a great book and I would highly recommend it.
I started Lisa Gardner “The Perfect Husband” – I am having a hard time getting into it, but I think it is because I know it one my mom read and that is trigger something. But I am going to read it. 🙂
This is the area that has fallen to the wayside this week. But I would still like to celebrate that I am ABOUT to get busy writing and editing again this coming week!
Also PAD #9 -Yes I know I am not doing a Picture a Day – More like a Picture a week…. However #9 is Restaurant, So I will show you a picture of my most favorite Restaurant! – — Okay I cheated a little…. It is taken INSIDE One of my most favorite Restaurants….The Dining room on the CRUISE SHIP!
We are totally having a blast here.
Baby girl is just like her momma and loves the ocean!
Oh to be back in Myrtle Beach, SC!!
Good Morning Small things celebrators, hope you have all had a great week!
I love this blog group. So often we get tied up in dealing with “life”, putting out fires, and searching for meaning and answers to things that we don’t realize all that we have going for us.
The Celebrate the small things makes us stop and look back on the previous week and realize the things that went well for us, either in our writing or personal lives.
If you want to join us click picture and sign up this way we can hop around and congratulate you on your celebrations!
Okay – to the list….
- I survived the first week back at work from Vacation! Well almost, I have to finish out today J
- I got a massage on Wednesday….So needed after the stress I came back to at work this week.
- There is a 3 day weekend coming up..Woot!
- I finished reading Don’t Blink by James Patterson and Howard Roughan – It was a very good book and a quick read. I would recommend it if you enjoy James Patterson.
- Started Rainwater by Sandra Brown, it is totally out of the norm of what I would usually read but I am trying to mix it up a bit. This is one of the few Sandra Brown books that stray from her thriller type writings, it is an historical fiction romance, as I said, out of my normal realm, but so far pretty good.
- After a week of being unplugged on vacation and coming back to a super stressful work situation I didn’t think I would get any writing or editing done this week. However, I did. I actually added a new chapter to the beginning of my story. I had many of the readers on the site where I am story boarding it, want to know more about a plant that is in the story. While the plant is important, it isn’t really the vital part of the story. It is more about solving the murder of the botanist who created the plant. So, I changed the way the story started and made it begin with the scene of the murder, hopefully letting the reader know the story is about a crime and solving that crime, first and foremost.
And finally it is PAD – Picture of the Day # 7 – Yummy….
What is more yummy than a chocolate cake bouquet with icing flowers? This was taken on one of our cruises!
Oh how I wish I were back on that beach with my toes in the sand and book in my hand, when the only care in the world I had, was steak or seafood for dinner.
Flash forward to today only 3 days since we waved goodbye to the ocean and I am a total wreck.
The “real” job is topping my stress level off the charts. On a scale of 1-10 it is a 25….. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact that it means job security for me, but I have a handful of “top priority” projects all going at the same time. I feel like I am being pulled apart like a chicken wing at southern fried family reunion.
I haven’t edited a single word on my story since we got back. Partly because I am stressed with work but also because to be honest…..I feel like it may never be truly done. I feel like I will have a revolving door of revisions until I am old and grey. Okay older and grey…. I guess I really shouldn’t complain I have only been at this for 7 ½ months or 216 days… 116 to write it and now I am 100 editing days. I will probably edit twice as long as it took me to write the story. Still, I know some people who take years to complete the first draft. But, I am ready to move on to the next idea and story, I can’t until I have nailed every last detail to the one I am working on.
So stress with work + stress with writing = A girl who is getting ready to crawl up under the covers and finish reading Don’t Blink by James Patterson & Howard Roughan. So far it has been very good and a quick read. I am enjoying it since I am able to escape into his stress filled world and out of mine for a little while. Hmmm.. In hindsight maybe I shouldn’t be reading a book that is stress filled.. Oh well, it is too good to put down.
Thanks for allowing me to VENT today!
So with all that being said I guess it is perfect timing for Picture of the Day #6 – Summer!
The Sunrise in Myrtle Beach Last Week….I wish summer could last forever.