It that time again, time to push away all the big worries and just be thankful for the small things.
My celebrations are:
I have decided to join the thousands of other writers out there who are doing Nano this year and so far I am keeping up with my goal – As of last night I was at 12,537 words!
I finished J.D. Robb Creation in Death – but with so much of my time involved in Nano, I don’t think I will be able to pick up another book until the end of November. We will see…For me that may just be too hard to pull off!
I started back on my exercise program yesterday doing Leslie Sansone, 2-mile Walk Away the Pounds. (I know what a month to return – but I figured it might not only help me lose weight, but also clear my mind for my Nano story.)
Okay my fellow writers, bloggers and friends – It is almost the weekend, so if you are doing Nano gear up for power writing this weekend and if your not, well enjoy the heck out of yourself! 😉
Okay so one of the bloggers I follow Glitter and Kerosene is doing this thing called a 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge and I thought it sounded fun so I am going to jump in and play as well!
Day 1: Make 15 book related confessions.
- I am a book hoarder. I have tons of books on my bookshelves, I have paperbacks stacked three rows deep on the shelves. If I could buy every book ever written I probably would.
- I have always secretly wanted to own a bookstore coffee house. I know they are going out of style these days with the ebook world but still it is my two favorite things in the world (besides my family of course) coffee & books.
- I read 3 books at a time normally, well not at the exact same time. But I usually am reading a fiction book, a non-fiction book, and an ebook of some sort on my Kindle.
- If a writer writes a series I will not, absolutely not, start anywhere except the beginning of the series.
- The only thing I ever stole in my life was a book. I was in the 5th grade and I stole Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein off my teachers desk. The next day she gave this heartfelt plea for her book and told the thief they wouldn’t be in trouble if they just returned it to her desk that afternoon. I did, and never stole anything again. Well, except my husbands heart. 🙂
- The cover of the book is going to decide if I read it or not in most cases. Especially if it by someone I haven’t ever read before. So you better put just as much thought into the cover as the story itself.
- My maiden name is Tennyson but I haven’t found any relation to Alfred Lord Tennyson.
- I think my parents destined me to be a writer when they named me Shelly Tennyson — I mean come on percy bysshe shelley & Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I don’t like poetry. Oh god, don’t throw tomatoes at me – I just really don’t like it, even though I have pages and pages of the stuff that I wrote as a teenager.
- I had a poem published (I know, sue me) in the National Library of Poetry book many years ago.
- My dad used to pay me money to read the encyclopedia. I would read and then he would question me and when I passed I got cash. I wish making money was that easy now as an adult.
- I absolutely love Janet Evanovich and the Stephanie Plum series. My absolute favorite books!
- I have a finished Novel that I am working on Editing now, I hope to have it published one day.
- I have about 4 other stories swirling around in my head that I want to get written on paper. Wait… do we write on paper anymore?
- And Finally, A handful of my other favorite authors are J.D. Robb, Iris Johansen, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Harlan Coben, & Sandra Brown.
Thanks to Glitter and Kerosene